Custom Cut Table Tops
Bowling Green Glass has the capability to custom cut glass to protect your existing table or create a new piece. If the edge is exposed, our professional glass cutters will smooth the edge to ensure your household’s safety. Our staff can help you choose the glass type and correct thickness. The table tops are available in clear, grey or bronze. We fabricate glass table tops from 1/4″ up to 1″ in thickness. We recommend using 1/4″ glass but if the table can support the weight, thicker pieces can be used for dramatic effect. Call us today to get a free estimate over the phone.
If the glass will be sitting on top of a solid surface, then the glass will be a single strength piece of glass in the thickness you choose. However, if the glass sits on top of an open surface with no support in the middle of the piece, then the glass will need to be tempered, yet still in the thickness you decide.
To add gorgeous personalization to any table top surface, our staff also offers glass etching. An etched design will make your table top the focal point of any room. Anything that can be printed can be etched. Call us today to set up a meeting with our in-house artist to discuss the perfect design for your life.
Guidelines for glass table tops:
- Standard glass thickness: 1/4″ is the preferred thickness. 3/8″ or 1/2″can be used for effect as long as the furniture can support the weight.
- Recommended edge: smoothed or sanded is the preferred edge work; however, beveled edge or pencil polish (when the edge is smoothed into a complete curve between one side of the glass and the other) can be used for a dramatic effect.
- Glass strength: annealed glass is sufficient to protect the table but glass can be tempered for added safety.
- “The staff at Bowling Green Glass is knowledgeable and helped me select the best product.”Fecila P. – Bowling Green, KY
- "We have used Jim French’s company, Bowling Green Glass for over 20 projects, and speak highly of their knowledge in the glass industry. They deliver quality products with good craftsmanship."Tim VanMeter - IKON Construction
- “Our team was very satisfied with the way you handled all of the glazing details on the Holy Spirit Catholic Church. We appreciate the superior effort and leadership demonstrated on the project by your project manager and the crew at Bowling Green Glass.”Joe Meyer – Scott, Murphy & Daniel
- "They’re all great to deal with. They are very knowledgeable. If we ever need them to come to the job site, I can always count on them being there. The pricing is good also. We really cannot say enough good about them."Jeff Wheely - Coates Construction